The success of Tina’s Wish is due to the support of our donors, volunteers, researchers and our employees. We strive to create a workplace that values each team member and fosters professional development and personal growth.
DEVELOPMENT MANAGER, MAJOR GIFTS
The Honorable Tina Brozman Foundation for Ovarian Cancer Research (Tina’s Wish) was founded in 2008 in memory of the Honorable Tina Brozman, former chief judge of the SDNY Bankruptcy Court, wife, mother, and friend, who died two years after she was diagnosed – too late – with ovarian cancer.
The Foundation is a registered 501(c)(3) organization funding scientific research to find an effective screen for ovarian cancer. Know Early. Know Hope.® This is our mission.
Since its inception, Tina’s Wish has raised more than $11.5 million. Tina’s Wish is now awarding $1.5 million annually in private grants to fund cutting edge scientific research for the early detection and prevention of ovarian cancer.
To learn more about Tina’s Wish, click here.
The Development Manager, Major Gifts is responsible for helping to create a sustainable major gifts program at Tina’s Wish. This position will play a critical role in the creation and execution of a major gifts campaign and will collaborate with organizational leadership and campaign consultant on: pipeline development, research, outreach, metrics, and goal setting.
The Development Manager, Major Gifts will perform a variety of tasks to create a major gifts program including but not limited to: meeting logistics and scheduling, writing and copy-editing assignments, assisting with gift strategies and solicitation, board engagement and coordination, and advanced research and prospect management. This person will have frequent interaction with staff, board members, prospective donors, and campaign volunteers.
This position requires a self-starter who can work both collaboratively and independently and possesses strong interpersonal skills. S/he must have the ability to use learned skills and understand the organization’s programs to initiate and help develop new systems over time. The Development Manager, Major Gifts must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and be highly detail oriented. The position is located in New York City.
- Work with organization leadership and campaign consultant to help set major gift program and campaign priorities, activities, and timeline; and provide necessary support to ensure timely follow-through.
- Oversee and track fundraising assignments/opportunities and provide logistical support and resources as needed.
- Help identify and research new prospects, assign capacity ratings, and assist in the development of strategies for engaging and cultivating major gift prospects and funding opportunities.
- Manage systems and software to track and cultivate donors and prospects, including the donor database and wealth screening tools. Generate queries/reports as needed.
- Participate in the campaign volunteer (board) committee, and work with leadership to coordinate activities including – notices, support and training materials, and follow-up.
- Track “next step” strategies for cultivating and securing gifts from campaign donors in all ranges including personal solicitations.
- Prepare regular reporting of campaign activities and donor follow-ups to leadership.
- Monitor and report financial goals, such as donations and pledges.
- Acknowledge major donors through public and private recognition.
- Other duties/special projects, as needed.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 4-7 years of major gift development experience is preferred
- Excellent communication and donor cultivation skills
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- Well-organized and able to manage details efficiently
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and frequent deadlines
- Ability to maintain quality relationships through communications with prospective and current donors, board members, volunteers and staff as assigned
- Ability to work both independently and with supervision
- Computer proficiency, including fundraising software, MSOffice, Outlook, and Internet tools; must have database and spreadsheet experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org