The success of Tina’s Wish is due to the support of our donors, volunteers, researchers and our employees. We strive to create a workplace that values each team member and fosters professional development and personal growth.
Campaign and Major Gifts Director
The Honorable Tina Brozman Foundation for Ovarian Cancer Research (Tina’s Wish) was founded in 2008 in memory of the Honorable Tina Brozman, former chief judge of the SDNY Bankruptcy Court, wife, mother, and friend, who died two years after she was diagnosed – too late – with ovarian cancer.
The Foundation is a registered 501(c)(3) organization funding scientific research to find an effective screen for ovarian cancer. Know Early. Know Hope.® This is our mission.
Since its inception, Tina’s Wish has raised more than $11.5 million. Tina’s Wish is now awarding $1.5 million annually in private grants to fund cutting edge scientific research for the early detection and prevention of ovarian cancer.
To learn more about Tina’s Wish, click here.
Tina’s Wish is seeking a Campaign and Major Gifts Director to oversee the execution of a $4M+ campaign and the establishment of a major gifts program. The campaign is over and above annual revenue to support research for an early detection test for ovarian cancer. The Director will also be responsible for leading the effort to secure new support from individual donors and develop a strategy to grow individual major gifts through identifying, cultivating and soliciting high-level prospects with the capacity to give beyond the $25,000 level.
This person will work closely with members of the board, volunteers, and organizational leadership. They will oversee all aspects of the campaign and the major gift program at Tina’s Wish and will report to the Chair of the Board of Directors.
This position requires a self-starter who can work both collaboratively and independently and possesses strong interpersonal skills. S/he must have the ability to leverage their background and understand the organization’s programs and scientific mission to initiate and help develop new fundraising systems and processes over time. The Campaign and Major Gifts Director must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and be highly detail oriented. The position is located in New York City.
- Personally manage a portfolio of 40-70 major donors throughout the New York region, Boston, and other major U.S. cities cultivating, soliciting and stewarding each as appropriate
- Systematically identify and qualify new major donor prospects
- Advance donor relationships through in-person visits, hosting small donor gatherings, and organizing visits with grantees and collaborators
- Manage and oversee all aspects of the campaign: strategy, solicitations, operations, prospecting research, moves management tracking, etc.
- Coach board and volunteers on campaign donor prospecting, stewardship, and solicitations
- For each donor in the portfolio, create and execute an individualized plan for deepening the relationship and retaining or increasing giving
- Work with the Tina’s Wish leadership team to identify and craft funding opportunities that align with the interests of donors in the portfolio and the organization’s strategic priorities
- Work with colleagues to develop briefing materials, presentations, proposals, gift agreements, acknowledgements and reports needed to secure and steward major gifts
- Regularly report on progress to the Tina’s Wish board and leadership
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 8-10 years of professional experience in major gifts and/or transferrable experience in development
- Strong ability to motivate, inspire and organize
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and equally excellent listening skills
- Comfort with and/or willingness to embrace technology essential for a distributed team (e.g. cloud-based CRM, project management, document sharing, etc.)
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org